Foundation Studies Encounter Program
Encountering anthroposophy can be challenging.
Invigorate your experience by exploring it with others.
This program meets every Saturday throughout the school year and gives you an in-depth experience through lectures, discussions, and artistic activities.
The Encounter program encourages you to grow in knowledge and understanding with others as you work with a well-qualified and diverse faculty.
- Explore a systematic path through the basic ideas of anthroposophy.
- Learn through artistic activities: eurythmy, painting, clay, and drawing.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of meeting fellow students and exploring new ideas with them.
- Study the rhythms and meaning in your own biography and destiny.
- See anthroposophy in action at a Waldorf school and a biodynamic farm.
- Develop a sense for the spiritual reality that points to meaning and purpose in our complex world.
Encounter Course Locations, Dates and Times for 2018-19
Wednesday Mornings in Thornhill 8:45 am - 12:15 pm (30 weeks)
Term I: Sept. 12 - Dec. 12
Term II: Jan. 9 - March 8
Term III: March 27 - May 8
Saturday Mornings in Thornhill 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (30 weeks)
Term I: Sept. 15 - Dec. 8
Term II: Jan. 12 - March 2
Term III: March 23 - May 18
Monday Evenings in Guelph (Trillium Waldorf School) 5:30 - 9:00 pm
Terrm 1: Starting October 22
Foundation Studies Encounter Program Faculty
The following core faculty will rotate through different groups:
Paul Hodgkins (Program Director)
Foundation Studies in Anthroposophy offers a remarkable opportunity for personal growth as well as a foundation for work in anthroposophical professions including the RSCT's Waldorf Teacher Education program, for which it is a prerequisite.
Diana Hughes — Waldorf education
Fiona Hughes M.D. — Anthroposophic medicine
Dorothy LeBaron — Biography, Destiny Learning
Jan Patterson — Cycle of the year
Reg Down — Eurythmy